10.10.2010

Curlformers!! Review and step by step

I have been really wanting these for awhile so I took the plunge and got some. I like them! I don’t LOVE them but I do like them more than curling my hair and setting then with foam rollers. I purchased the "salon kit" which comes with 40 long & wide and 6 short & wide. I also purchased one set of the extra-wide & long. I would not recommend these because the set only came with 6 rollers and it was $12. The curls also did not last very long with these as they were looser. The effects of the curlformers last 2-3 days without falling.

I have found the easiest way of setting my hair is to do it all up in a pony tail. Otherwise, the top of my hair will be really flat because the curlformers pull down and give me NO volume! The curlers are really heavy too so it is easier to put it all up on top of my head because it distributes the weight.

I start with damp hair. I put my hair into a high high pony tail. I then section my hair into four sections starting with the back. I use Lotta body setting spray and spray each of my sections thoroughly to saturate them. The Lotta body really helps with frizz and helps to define and keep my curls. I alternate between the pink and orange curlers because each color curls a different way (clockwise or counterclockwise). I work my way forward until I have no hair left!

I wear these overnight and it only takes about 7 hours before all my curls are dry and ready to go. So easy peasy and the curls look really beautiful in an updo.

EDIT: I wrote this post over a month ago thinking I would have some better "after" pictures to show you. Sorry. I am a bum! Maybe the next time I use these I will style my hair and take some pics :)


For this set I used the long & wide curlers.

curlformers before



curlformers before



curlformers after



curlformers after

3 comments:

  1. Are these easy to apply? Your curls looks so bouncy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to get the hang of them so there is a learning curve. Once you do application is fairly quick but overall they are a bit time consuming because the curlers only hold so much hair so the sections need to be small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try these, but I have long hair, down to my waist. It would probably take me a week to put them in! Even so...you should contact the company and see if they wouldn't sponsor a giveaway! Show them the great review and tell them you would like to share with your readers, they might go for it. I went to the site and saw how expensive they are, I can't afford them on my budget, but I want them! Even if it does take me a week to apply them to my hair! lol

    ReplyDelete

I read ALL my comments and appreciate every one! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog :)