9.21.2010

Current Favorites – 8/13-9/21

It is that time again. I just do these when they feel "right" and some time has passed between my last favorites. I am not trying to keep them monthy but it seems to be working that way.

Stila #5 all over shadow brush - long handle (http://www.stilacosmetics.com/product_detail.asp?PMID=321)
This brush is AWESOME! It is huge! It is perfect for quickly putting color all over your lid up to your brow bone. Flip it to its tip and its perfect for blending out any lines. This is ideal when I am in a big rush and just want to quickly put a color all over my lids (IE Satin taupe, vanilla pigment, my next current fav..) It is soft, not too fluffy or dense, and I am loving the long handle. I got this brush recently during Stila’s warehouse sale. It came in the “Star Power” set for $12 (along with a lip gloss, lip liner, eye shadow trio and headband) and it currently retails on the site for $22. I got a STEAL on this brush! But it might even be worth $22….

Stila eye shadow in Oasis
This is a sister of Kitten eye shadow (a tried and true favorite). It is a lot more beige-y yellow while Kitten is more on the pink side. Oasis is nice all over the lid and as a light highlight. Pair it with woodwinked for a nice fall look.



Suave Professionals Weather Protection Cream Gel
(http://www.suave.com/Professionals-Styling/WeatherProtection-CreamGel)
I got this a couple of weeks ago and I think it has worked pretty well against this end of the summer humidity. Humidity does terrible things to my hair so I am willing to try almost anything to combat it. I smooth this on damp hair with my chosen serum of the day and comb through. Then I style as normal.


Walking Walking WALKING!
I am up up upping my exercise. I am really into walking not so much jogging although I am still jogging on the treadmill during my AM workouts. I try to go for a 4 mile walk at least once if not twice a week. I went 4.3 on Sunday.. in the rain! I also am walking 2 miles over my lunch break. I set a goal of 21 miles week before last and I got to 21.5! This brings me to my next favorite… losing MORE weight! Last favorites, I was at 26.5 lbs lost. I am now at 33 lbs lost! I am sooooo close to my mini goal of 35 lbs. People have actually been asking me if I have lost weight and it feels really good to say YES! And it also feels really REALLY good to know that I’ve done this all by my big girl self J

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab
Oh BPAL. I have lots and lots to say about BPAL this month. I will write a whole blog post about this but the short version is Katie Puckrik of Youtube held a sweet contest with some even sweeter BPAL prizes.. and I won ( I was a stand by winner.. someone’s loss was my gain)! (see here: http://www.katiepuckriksmells.com/2010/09/black-phoenix-alchemy-lab-winners.html ) Before I even knew I won, I placed a BPAL order for some of their imps. So I got lots and lots of BPAL fragrances when before I had none! So, I have 15 new fragrances to review but my favorites include Dorian (I’ve worn it practically every day since I’ve gotten it), Eclipse (mmm spicy cinnamony goodness!), Jack (pumpkin peach fall blastoff!), and Snake Oil (I can see why this is their best seller).


That’s all for now. I like doing these favorites. I hope you guys enjoy them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read ALL my comments and appreciate every one! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog :)