5.04.2010

Milani Liquif'eye metallic eye liner challenge

I recently purchased the Milani Liquif'eye liner because of all the hype surrounding this product. It has been compared heavily to Urban Decay's 24/7 liners. Having both products, I can agree. I decided to "challenge" Milani's staying power by taking pictures of the liner throughout the day without touching up. When first applied it is very true black. It goes on quite creamy and will not budge after a minute or so. I like to work fast when smudging it out otherwise you will have a streaky mess. I applied the eyeliner to my upper and lower lash lines, tightline, AND waterline.

the first hour

Milani Liquif'eye metallic eye liner challange first hour


At hour four the top and tightline were still intact. My waterline was 1/2 way gone. My bottom lashline was slowly fading and a small bit transferred towards my undereye area.
hour four
Milani Liquif'eye metallic eye liner challange 4 hours
At hour eight I started to see some traveling on the undereye area. The waterline was almost all gone. Tightline and top lash line still going pretty strong.
hour eight
Milani Liquif'eye metallic eye liner challange 8 hours
At hour 12 I looked a hot mess. I was ITCHING to reapply or wipe away some of the smearing or ANYTHING. But I was strong and held out for my "challenge". I even went out to eat after work and even though my urge to touch up was great... resisted. The outer corners were just smear city and transferring down into my under eye area. Tightline was half intact. Top lash line going strop
hour twelve
Milani Liquif'eye metallic eye liner challange 12 hours
Milani Liquif'eye metallic eye liner challenge 12 hour
(EWWWW)
Overall
Overall, I think, for me, this holds up as well as Urban Decay's 24/7 liners. If swatched on my hand and allowed to dry Milani does hold up more to a 'smear' test while UD will start to fade quickly. However, they both hold up the same around the eye area. Milani's Liquif'eyes are great alternatives to the UD liners as they are a LOT cheaper and can be more available for some.
Please let me know how this pencil held up for YOU!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read ALL my comments and appreciate every one! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog :)